Monday, July 11, 2011

Vintage 1940's Camera Flash Was Used to Make the Original Star Wars Lightsaber





I just read that Graphlex camera Flashgun was used for the Original Star Wars LightSaber . Being a Star Wars fan and a Photographer, this was right up my alley. Yeah I know it's kinda dorky but I am a big kid at heart. What can I say...My last name is Luke after all. Oh and my ex has a Darth Vader Tattoo!  so there ya go.


The 3-cell Graflex flashgun was modified and used as the prop for Luke Skywalker's lightsaber in Star Wars: A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. A black grip was added and the circular bulb housing was obviously removed, but little else was changed to create the lightsaber prop. (via wiki)



Um.... dude that's your sister

Check out Luke's impressive lightsaber ladies

For more info young Jedi go here





"This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age. For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times... before the Empire"~ Obi-Wan

No comments:

Post a Comment